Tangled.

February 11, 2011

Love stories make me all giddy and happy. So when I saw the poster for the new Disney animated film Tangled, I knew I had to watch it. Although I'm not that into Rapunzel's story, I thought it would be a fun movie to see. And I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the film. 


Spoiler alert. hehe.

The story has the trademarks of a classic Disney fairytale. Once upon a time, a princess is kidnapped  from the castle by an evil witch, whose only interest is in the magical hair of the princess Rapunzel. Rapunzel's hair heals, and makes the witch look young, thus she locks Rapunzel in the tower so she can keep the princess to herself. The princess is locked up in the tower, and has no contact with the world outside until the charming thief, Flynn Rider stumbles upon her. Thus starts Rapunzel's adventure: fueled by her desire to see and experience the world outside.


I loved how the story unfolds. It is a story of love and adventure rolled into one, as all Disney movies are. I was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the characters (or their voices at least. hehe). i think Mandy Moore (Rapunzel's voice) and Zachary Levi (Flynn Rider's voice) did a really good job with this. I actually loved the scenes where they sung, they were able to come up with an arrangement that showcased their voices well, and they were able to portray the connection between the characters through their voice. Very magical. :) I thought the singing parts were actually very good, I googled Zachary Levi, and found out that he also did a duet with Katharine McPhee (Terrified) a version of the song which I also love. Love Zachary Levi's voice. Just melts your heart. :) 


The cast of characters provides the support the the main characters need. There were many parts of the film where we were laughing so hard, it hurt. The script is hilarious, made us laugh so much! hehe. If you need to relax, and let loose, then this is the movie for you. 


So, overall, I would say that the movie is a must see, for all fans who love Disney films, love adventure, love to laugh, love love stories and love love. :) Great movie to watch, I wouldn't mind watching it again. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook